Saturday, July 30, 2011

Doing the Important Stuff



It's Saturday. The last Saturday of the month. I remembered that yesterday. You see in my town you can only go to the dump / recycle center once a month. And we have stuff that needs to go. I've forgotten about the last Saturday for 3 months now. And I'm feeling a bit cluttered. I love getting important things done. Things that have a time / date restraint though are a challenge. When I miss those dates I'm often left wondering if I'm really focusing on the important things that help me remain peaceful, like the clutter is gone and everything is right with the world.

I want to leave a simple thought and a challenge with you today.

Today is your Saturday

So do something today with your family history. Just one thing.





5 comments:

  1. Hi Betsy, I have a question. if I wanted to try and find my father, what would be the very first thing I needed to do, and what information would I need? I don't know if this is something you know much about, my I'm finally biting the bullet and acknowledging my desire to find the man who donated the sperm to make me. Any suggestions much appreciated

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stacey,
    I don't know how to do everything, but I have resources. Start creating a family tree. Include Mother/Father/Siblings and as many approximate dates and places. Start with yourself and then complete the info for your parents and siblings. Then go one generation back and find out about your dad's parents and his siblings. Repeat for your mom. If your mom is alive she has to know something about where he may have been born. Tell me his name and I'll do a quick search. Do you know his approximate age, full name, place of birth, residence at ANY time, or anything about him. Start jotting down notes about him, and writing emails to EVERYONE. Email me betsycross10@yahoo.com. We'll give it our best!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry Stacey!
    You asked for ONE thing.I just can't help myself when it comes to this stuff. A switch turns on and away she goes!! The ONE thing you could do? Call your mom if she's living.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Betsy, aloha. So agree with you on remembering to do the important stuff.

    Too often we major in minors and those tasks that make a difference get lost.

    Best wishes for a peaceful and calm August with a focus on the important stuff! Aloha. Janet

    ReplyDelete
  5. Janet,
    I love that phrase. "majoring in minors"! You know what helps me? When I'm touched by a movie, song or book. Just being reminded about what matters most to me every once in a while, makes all the difference.
    Aloha to you, too!
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete

What do you think? I'd love to know.